McKenzie Method® Physical Therapy
The McKenzie Method® is a reliable assessment process intended for all musculoskeletal problems, including pain in the back, neck and extremities. Additional issues with sciatica, sacroliliac joint pain, degenerative disc disease, and numbness in legs or arms can also be treated with this method.
Graston® Technique involves a patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and restrictions that affect normal function.
Graston® Technique is effective in treating
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Neck pain
- IT band syndrome
- de Quervain’s syndrome
- Joint sprain
Benefits of Graston® Technique Therapy
- Fosters faster rehabilitations and recovery
- May decrease overall treatment frequency
- Reduces the need for anti-inflammatory medications
- May resolve chronic conditions
Incorporating strength testing with a dynamometer provides measurable data regarding a patient’s strength deficits and/or improvement.
Running evaluations offer injury assessment, treatment and training designed specifically for the running population.
Additional services include
- Running form video analysis
- Strength and conditioning
- Injury prevention programs
- Graston Technique®
Vestibular rehabilitation may help control symptoms and improve quality of life. Patients with vestibular disorders often experience nausea, positional or persistent vertigo, impaired postural control, lightheadedness or dizziness
- Soft tissue mobilization, lymphatic drainage, scar mobilization
- Therapeutic exercise including range of motion, stretching, and strengthening
- Patient education to decrease edema, postural re-education, body mechanics and skin care
- Compression bandaging and garments
Custom shoe inserts can often help alleviate foot, knee and back pain. Physical therapists can help determine right fit and level of stability for your shoes.
Orthotics are made from a mold of each foot. After creating the mold the therapist decides on the amount of arch support, type of materials, and thickness depending on the type of shoe.
Orthotics can help correct foot issues by using durable materials to help support or control the foot. Proper foot wear along with custom orthotics can place less stress on your lower body.
What to expect during your evaluation?
- Your first visit will include an evaluation to review your medical history, diagnostic tests, assess flexibility, strength, posture and balance as well as your pain level and functional deficits.
- After the evaluation, a custom treatment plan and recovery expectations.